Subscribe for a new video ►► SUBSCRIBE!!!
10. Ok… From the Tell-Us-How-You-Really-Feel Department, there is a man in New Mexico who, in February, gave his boss his two-week notice… on a piece of toilet paper. He said he put it on that because it was a symbol of the way he felt he had been treated by the company, and where he felt that company was headed. We don’t know what his job was, but it makes me wonder if he was a plumber.
9. American journalist Liz Wahl worked as a correspondent for the Russian government-sponsored RT television network from 2011 to 2014. In March of 14, she had had enough of the network’s strong pro-Russian ways and censorship of her interviews. So she quit… while on the air. Her video went viral on YouTube, with millions of hits. Ok folks… This job I am doing here is completely biased. I quit!!! …….. Alright…. I’m kidding. …. ugghhh… the things we’ll do for a million hits.
8. Typically, if you punch your boss in the face, your career pretty much ends. But when this one guy did it… we’ll call him Paul… his boss threatened to lower his pay. But Paul laughed that off and told his boss to …. perform a certain act on him… then he walked out. His boss followed him out to the street and demanded a reason from Paul for wanting to leave. Paul called him a few colorful names and the boss challenged him to a fight. Paul apparently beat him up pretty good. Then, when one of the boss’s eyes was pummeled so bad it closed shut, he offered to raise Paul’s pay back to the original amount. Moral of the story: If you’re the boss and one of your employees punches you in the face, it is NOT a good time for contract negotiations.
7. Chris Holmes quit his job at the Stansted Airport in London. But he certainly wasn’t nasty about it. Matter of fact, he was extremely careful as he crafted his resignation letter on top of a cake. It read: “Today is my 31st birthday, and having recently become a father I now realise how precious life is and how important it is to spend my time doing something that makes me, and other people, happy.
“For that reason I hereby give notice of my resignation in order that I may devote my time and energy to my family and to my cake business which has grown steadily over the past few years.
“I wish the organisation and my colleagues the best for the future and I remind you that, if you enjoy this cake, you can order more at www.mrcake.co.uk.
“Sincerely, Chris Holmes (Mr Cake)”
And ya know …. that was just icing on the cake.
6. An Australian game developer wanted to quit his job and work for himself in the game development industry. But a simple letter of resignation just wouldn’t do… too boring. So he combined a reworked version of the Super Mario Brothers game with one of his own and presented it to his boss, with Mario going over those familiar blocks at the end of the 1st level with a flashing “I Quit” sign popping up. Now THAT’S pretty creative.
5. If you’re a teacher or have ever been one, you may share the same feelings as Ellie Rubenstein. Ellie left a business career to earn her master’s degree in teaching. But after teaching for 15 years, she felt that public education was much more focused on student grades than it was the welfare of the individual child. Says Ellie: “Everything I love about teaching is extinct.” Her heartfelt, impassioned video struck a chord with many and was viewed by more than 335,000 people.
4. After more than 2 years of loyal service at a London media agency, Kieran Allen decided to quit. But he wanted to make sure everyone knew why. So, he sent an email to all of his colleagues to make them aware that his boss blocked his bonus, gave him a verbal warning for poor performance, regularly made sexist and bigoted remarks, took a female out for a drink the day he interviewed her, then brought her back to the office to have sex with her. He claimed everything in the letter was true. I would imagine it caused quite a scene in the office. Nice going, Kieran… I had a boss just like him once.
3. Sometimes you want to dance after you quit your job. Marina Shifrin did it WHILE she was quitting, and she videotaped herself dancing to the Kanye West song “Gone.” Marina worked at a Taiwanese animation company and explained in her video that she was tired of sacrificing her relationships, time and energy for a company that only cared about the amount of videos it made. Awesome!! Hey, I’ll dance to that!!!
2. Steven Slater was a flight attendant with JetBlue airlines. I say WAS because Steven no longer works there. After a verbal altercation with a passenger, Steven opened the plane’s emergency slide door then got on the intercom, saying “To the passenger who called me a mother ——, —- you. I’ve been in the business 28 years. I’ve had it.” With that, Steven grabbed his bags, slid down the slide chute, got into his Jeep and took off. He was later charged with reckless endangerment and criminal mischief. But quite honestly, who can blame him… that slide thing looks really cool….
1. Adam worked at Taco Bell, and he worked hard. As a matter of fact, he worked for 22 days straight. And when he asked for a day off, the Taco of the Bell Overlords said Nacho, even though Adam’s fellow workers had been given days off during that 3-week stretch. So when it came time for Adam to post “Gorditas for $1.99” on Taco Bell’s big street marquee, Adam put it up in a very special way, posting “I Quit. F… You.” … Thus ending his career in Taco Hell. And it’s a good thing he put a smiley face at the end of that posting, or they might have construed that as being pretty rude.
That’s all for today. Let us know what you think about the stories in the comments section below. Don’t forget to like us and be sure to subscribe for more stories like this. Get addicted… to the good stuff.