Subscribe for a new video ►► SUBSCRIBE!!!
10. Cassie De Pecol is 27 years old and has traveled to all 196 countries in the world in 18 months and 26 days. And she’s the fastest person to do this. She quit her job to set out on the adventure in July of 2015. Her next stop: Antarctica.
9. Jean Beliveau loves to travel the world too. Only this guy does it on foot. So far, he has walked 46,900 miles over the course of 11 years, and worn out 54 pairs of shoes in doing so. He spent 9 months preparing for the journey and raised $4,000 Canadian dollars. He walks to promote peace and has the full support of his wife, Luce. Now how many of you wives would enjoy your husband taking an 11-year hike? I know some of you would.
8. Milan Bihlmann and Muammer Yilmaz have gone around the world in 80 days, just like the fictional Phileas Fogg. They started in Paris and persuaded several travel companies to provide train and air fare. They also hitchhiked quite a bit. The trip covered about 12,500 miles.
7. Clinical psychologist Robert Garside has run all around the world… literally. He typically ran eight hours a day over a 5-year period — from 1997 to 2003 — and would cover about 50 miles a day. Some consider it the greatest running achievement in history. In 2007, the Guinness Book of Records recognized his amazing feat…and his feet…
6. Hey! Who’s up for a road trip? Gunther Holtorf sure was. In 1990, he and his wife, Christine set out on a trip in their Mercedes that would cover 556,000 miles through every country. The trip took 24 years to complete. Christine died in 2010, but Gunther vowed to her to carry on, and he did for a few more years before wrapping it up in 2014… at the age of 77. Now here’s something you can put on your bucket list.
5. Oscar is a rescued dog that doesn’t exactly lead a dog’s life. Matter of fact, with his owner Joanne Lefson, Oscar has travelled to 5 continents and 29 countries during their six-month trip in 2009. Joanne sold her home to finance the big adventure. Joanne wanted to do the trip with Oscar to inspire others to help save strays living on the streets.
4. 23-year-old Shirine Taylor of Oregon views the world differently… from the seat of a bicycle. She has travelled more than 7,000 miles with her boyfriend Kevin and has proven that you don’t have to be rich to see the world. She has budgeted herself to spending only about $6.50 a day. She wakes at sunrise before cycling about six hours a day. She washes and cooks in the open air and says she can’t imagine her life without traveling.
3. Briton Graham Hughes wants to see the world every way he can… except one. He will not fly in a plane. Hughes has been on buses, boats, taxis, trains and his own feet to travel 160,000 miles in 1,426 days… or 3.9 years. He is the first person to visit all the countries without using a plane.
2. Jason Lewis went around the world in just under 5,000 days … in a pedal boat. There were no motors nor sails on the boat. It took him just over 13 years to complete the journey, which started July 12, 1994. When he finished the trip in 2007, he was 40. He was in tears as he crossed the Meridian Line at Greenwich and was cheered on by family and friends.
1. Former British paratrooper Karl Bushby wanted to do something that no one else had done… go around the world in an unbroken line. He timed his expedition so that he could walk across the frozen Bering Strait between Alaska and Siberia, often having to sleep on moving chunks of ice and swimming between floes where the water was not frozen. When he got to Russia, he had problems, and officials there refused to give him a visa. He was stuck in Russia after 16,777 miles….for six years, during which he could only do short walks on frozen areas. In 2006, he made a dramatic protest by walking from Los Angeles to the Russian embassy in Washington. It caused so much controversy that Russia finally relented and gave him a full visa, and he continued on his incredible trek.
That’s all for today. Let us know what you think about the stories in the comments section below. Don’t forget to like us and be sure to subscribe for more stories like this. Get addicted… to the good stuff.