Subscribe for a new video ►► SUBSCRIBE!!!
1. Gabriel Singleton, who goes by “Tater,” was only 3 when he was diagnosed with cancer. Four years later, he was battling stage 4 neuroblastoma. But Tater wanted to meet someone who had encouraged him to stay positive. So he posted a plea on Facebook to meet Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson. You know the Rock… kinda has a body like me….Well, Tater was shown holdin a sign that said: “I think you are strong, but I am very strong too. I’ve been struck by hundreds of needles, have had TONS of shots, gone through 8 surgeries, too many blood and platelet transfusions, and lots and lots of chemo treatments. You inspire me with your positive attitude.” After the post went viral, The Rock responded back to Tater, and invited him to the set of his Baywatch movie, and said “I’m the lucky dude to meet you. Everyone on set is excited to meet you… especially the pretty girls!” Tater was thrilled.
2. When it comes to celebrities, Santa Claus is one of the biggest. 60-year-old Eric Schmitt-Matzen has portrayed the jolly old elf for years, and one day after work last December, he got an urgent phone call. It was a nurse at a Tennessee hospital saying a “very sick 5-year-old boy” was wanting to see Santa, and the boy didn’t have much time left. Without hesitation, Eric was on the road in his Santa outfit and was at the hospital in 15 minutes. The boy’s mother gave Eric a toy and asked him to give it to her son. When Eric walked into the boy’s room, he could see how weak he was. Eric turned into Santa and walked over to the boy to give him his present. The boy flashed a huge smile. The boy then said to Eric, “They say I’m going to die. How will I know when I get there?” Eric said, When you get there, you tell them you’re Santa’s Number One elf, and I know they’ll let you in.” The boy sat up and gave Eric a big hug and said, “Santa, can you help me?” Before Eric could say anything else, the little boy died in his arms. Eric said he could feel the boy pass, and his ride back home from the hospital was an extremely tearful one.
3. 15-year-old Karinya Chen was really looking forward to going to the concert featuring Florence and the Machine. But suddenly, her health went into decline and there was no way she could go see the group perform. Aside from worrying about her daughter’s health, Karinya’s mom was heartbroken for her because she would miss the concert. So mom did what moms do….something great. She contacted the group and singer Florence Welch walked into Karinya’s Texas hospital room with guitarist Rob Ackroyd and performed several songs for her. Karinya was one happy teenage girl.
4. Johnny Depp made a special trip to Brisbane, Australia to visit with sick children at Lady Cilento Children’s Hospital. He got to meet many children there, and he took his time to speak with each and every one of them. He visited the hospital on the condition that no adults would take up much of his time so he could spend most all of his time with the children.
5. 12-year-old Rebecca Gibney is seriously ill, and is a superfan of Adele. Rebecca’s mom tried for a year to get the singer’s attention, but she felt she had failed. Then one day, Adele was at Rebecca’s front door. Rebecca was stunned when the singer walked into her bedroom and started talking to her. And although Rebecca was too ill to attend Adele’s nearby concert, the singer gave tickets to Rebecca’s entire family.
6. Rapper Eminem is known for some harsh lyrics, but when he showed up at 17-year-old Gage Garmo’s home in Michigan, he certainly showed a much softer side. The boy had been a fan of the rapper for quite some time, and his family launched a campaign to get him to visit Gage, who has a rare form of bone cancer. Eminem spent two hours hanging out with Gage.
7. Taylor Deckard is 10 and suffers from advanced pulmonary hypertension and was forced to spend Christmas in an Atlanta hospital. His biggest wish was to meet football great Cam Newton. Taylor’s phys ed. Teacher made a post about the boy wanting to meet Cam, and a week later, Cam made a surprise visit to the boy. The holidays immediately got better.
8. Chris Hemsworth and Tom Hiddleston played actual super heroes when they visited Australia’s Lady Cilento Children’s Hospital. Apparently Johnny Depp dropped a good word about the children there. The two movie stars had nothing but good things to say about the children they visited, with both of them saying, “Those children are the true heroes.” One of the children was even allowed to bop Hiddleston in the head with Thor’s mighty hammer.
9. Singers Nick Jonas and Demi Lovato made a surprise visit to the Children’s Hospital in Los Angeles and performed some of their songs for the youngsters and their parents. Afterwards, the stars posed for pictures and signed autographs. Their visit last year was part of a campaign to raise awareness for the hospital, which was attempting to raise a million dollars.
10. Simon Cowell is not known for having a heart of gold… or really, any heart at all, for that matter. But the music mogul is a big softie when it comes to the little ones. When he found out that 3-year-old Kian Musgrove of Newcastle Upon Tyne, England, needed special treatment he could only get in New York, he donated $25,000. He then went a step further and paid for the flight and accomodations for Kian and his mom, Kat. Says Kat: “We will be forever grateful for his help and his part in our life-saving journey.” So, I guess Simon’s not really that big, bad monster after all.
That’s all for today. Let us know what you think about the stories in the comments section below. Don’t forget to like us and be sure to subscribe for more stories like this. Get addicted… to the good stuff.