Subscribe for a new video ►► SUBSCRIBE!!!
10. Brooke Greenberg was born with a rare genetic disorder that keeps her looking like a toddler. She died in 2013 at the age of 20 and the cause is unknown. She stayed the same size for 15 years and required constant care. Her mental abilities were constant to that of a one year old. Doctors termed her condition as Syndrome X. Scientists are using her genetic code to try to find breakthroughs for diseases such as Parkinsons.
9. An Indonesian woman suffers from a condition that keeps her back as stiff as a board. It’s called Ankylosing Spondylitis, which causes the spine to stiffen over time. The woman is now 35 years old and for the past 10 years has not been able to bend over or sit down.
8. 6-year-old Tess suffers from a condition that apparently only seven other people in the world are known to share. There is no name for the condition and, right now, no cure. Tess suffers from developmental delay, hip dysplasia, cortical visual impairment and gastrointestinal issues. This condition was caused by a mutation of her USP7 gene. She is non-verbal and family and doctors can only guess what she is thinking or feeling.
7. We’ve all heard of people born with an extra this or an extra that. How about an extra nipple? Actually, it’s not all that uncommon, as 1 in 50 women and 1 in 100 men have them. But they are almost always on the chest area. A 22-year-old woman, however, has an extra nipple on the bottom of her left foot. It is fully formed, surrounded by an areola and tiny hairs, just what you would normally find around a nipple. It’s the only case known of a nipple being found that far down on a body.
6. Sam Humphrey is as tall as an 8-year-old at 4-foot-2, And he looks like an 8-year-old. But a condition called acrodysostosis has left the 22-year-old actor that way. His condition affects bone growth and physical development. But after years of worrying whether he would make it from one year to the next, the actor has a lot to look forward to in the Australian soap Neighbors, where he went from being an extra to being cast in a much larger role.
5. Melanie Gaydos is a model. But she is a very different model. She suffers from a rare genetic condition that causes growth abnormalities. It affects the growth of her teeth, pores, cartilage, nails and small bones. She also has a bilateral cleft palette and alopecia, which stops hair growth. Ingrown hairs in her eyes as a child caused cornea damage and partial blindness. But even with all of that, a boyfriend convinced her to get into modeling. And right now, she’s quite the hot commodity.
4. Deepak Paswaan, of Bihar, India, was called the devil when he would walk around. Because he spent much of his youth carrying around two legs that fully protruded from his chest area, as well as partially formed arms. It was known as his parasitic twin. But the freakish limbs were removed by doctors for free to help out the boy and his family. Today, Deepak is completely healthy.
3. Men might tell some tall tales about certain things… like how big that fish was. But it’s not too often one will say he has two penises… and mean it. An unidentified man, although he is believed to be living in the United States, was born with diphallia, a rare congenital condition with causes him to have two penises… or would that be peni? They both functionally as normal and can be as much as 7 inches when aroused. He claims to be bi-sexual and is in a relationship with both a man and a woman…. One for each, I guess.
2. Magali Sierra is just like any other teenage girl… she likes glittery things, the color pink and makeup. But Magali doesn’t look like your ordinary teenage girl. She looks like a 95-year-old woman. She was born with Hutchinson-Gilford progeria syndrome, a rare condition that causes dramatic aging quickly. There is no cure and most do not live past the age of 13. But Magali has surprised everyone by doing just that. In January, she celebrated her 16th birthday.
1. Only 130 people in the world have Adams-Oliver Syndrome. Scarlett Wright is one of them. This condition means her hands and feet will never grow, and although her hands appear normal, she has no toes on her feet. But the little 4-year-old has a dream… and a very brave one: To become a ballerina. She has been obsessed with becoming one ever since seeing a wax work of one. Scarlett’s family found a dance teacher who would take her on. She’s unable to dance for long periods, but because of her love for it, she does her best to put up with the discomfort. Good for you, Scarlett. And one of these days, we’d all love to see you perform.
That’s all for today. Let us know what you think about the stories in the comments section below. Don’t forget to like us and be sure to subscribe for more stories like this. Get addicted… to the good stuff.