Subscribe for a new video ►► SUBSCRIBE!!!
10. In Kiev, Ukraine, a 20-year-old mother left her two young children alone in her apartment for 9 days while she took a trip with her lover. Earlier this month, the woman, Vladislava Podchapko, was arrested and charged with child neglect after leaving her children alone in her apartment with no food. Her son, Daniil, who was not even 2 years old, died from starvation after 6 days. His sister was rescued from the home on the brink of death. Upon her arrest, the woman told police, I didn’t know that children could die.”
9. A Japanese mother and father forced their 7-year-old son out of their car in a wooded area and drove off as punishment for misbehaving. When the parents returned to pick up their son, he was gone. The wooded area was known as being infested with bears. The boy, Yamato Tanooka, was found dehydrated and hungry by a soldier six days later inside a military shelter, where he had slept between two mattresses during the 7-degree night temperatures. He was able to drink water from a tap just outside the building. Neglect charges were being considered.
8. Earlier this year, 18-year-old Lizbeth Munguia, of Acolman, Mexico, left her 4-month-old daughter in her crib while she left her home for two hours to attend and dance at a nearby party. When the mother returned, her daughter was dead, her face and fingers eaten away by rats. Neglect charges were pending.
7. In December of 2015, 2-year-old Braydon Barnes died in his crib of extreme heat from a space heater while his mom and dad were busy in another room of the house making and using meth. Lucas Barnes, 25, and Kathleen Peacock, 22, of St. Charles, Missouri, had left the little boy alone in a room for at least a day and a half with the heater running constantly. Officials said the extreme heat in the room would have caused the little boy to experience “extreme discomfort and difficulty breathing as he died.” Both were facing abuse, neglect and drug charges.
6. Wendy Paduch left her children once, and promised them she would never, ever leave them again. But she did. Paduch, who has been called Britain’s “worst mother,” left her two kids with their grandmotherto marry a Tunisian waiter she met over the Internet. When she returned, she promised 6 year old Dylan and 8 year old Natasha she would not leave their sides again. But she soon left to meet her husband again in Tunisia. She then claimed her husband wanted to divorce her and that he was keeping her there until she met his demands. Whatever the situation for the wishy-washy woman, it’s too bad for Dylan and Natasha.
5. A mother left her 4-year-old child home alone for hours while she drove her husband and his friend around to participate in the Killer Clown Craze. The woman, 26, would drive the men to different street corners and let them out to stand ominously as drivers and pedestrians passed. Police arrested the couple and charged them with neglect. The child was taken to the Department of Human Services.
4. In September, in Russian, an unnamed mother sold her 10-year-old daughter to a man in exchange for a bottle of Vodka and $2. The 23-year-old man then proceeded to rape the young girl in front of her uncaring mother. A short time later, a passerby spotted the girl, crying and scared with blood on her legs. The girl was taken to the hospital, where it was confirmed she had been raped, and when her mother tried to visit, she became hysterical and pleaded with the hospital staff to make her leave. The man who raped the girl told police that he bought her so he could do anything he wanted with her. The mother fled to her home when she learned police wanted to speak to her, but she was reportedly beaten by some of the locals when they heard what had happened. Charges were pending against the man. The young girl was taken to an orphanage.
3. Earlier this year, in Ohio, April Corcoran was sentenced to life in prison with the possibility of parole after 51 years after pimping her 11-year-old daughter out to a drug dealer in exchange for heroin. On at least 4 occasions, Corcoran let a man molest her daughter to get the drug. After the sex acts, the girl’s mother gave her a reward of a small amount of heroin for being brave. The girl is now undergoing therapy and is reported to have suicidal thoughts. The drug dealer has pleaded not guilty to 26 felony counts.
2. In China, when a 7-year-old girl’s father was tragically killed in a car accident last year, her mother walked out on her, leaving the little girl to care for her sick and disabled grandparents. Yi Miaomiao must now take care of her grandmother and grandfather by peeling potatoes, washing dishes and sweeping the road outside their home in an impoverished village near Yichang City. Fortunately, the young girl is excelling in school.
1. Now this last story probably doesn’t belong in the category of Worst Mothers, but I had to include it because it’s, well, quite different.
Phyllis Whitsel’s mother gave her up for adoption many years ago, and when Phyllis tried to get information about her mom, she was told she had died. But Phyllis did not believe that and eventually did track her down. By then, however, the woman who gave Phyllis up for adoption was ravaged by alcoholism and was looking for a nurse to care for her in her home. Phyllis got the job, and never told the woman that she was her daughter. In the eight years she cared for her in her home and the 13 years after that visiting her in a nursing home, the woman never knew her long lost daughter was the one who cared for her the most. At times, Phyllis’ mother would talk about the child she gave up. She said, “She was a lovely baby, a lovely child. I miss her, even now I miss her.” But Phyllis still never let on that she was that child. Phyllis’ mother died in 2003, never knowing she had spent the last 20 years of her life in the company of the daughter she gave up. Why did Phyllis never tell her? Did she do it as payback, or was there another deeper reason? She has since written a book, “My Secret Mother,” so maybe all the answers will be revealed in that.
That’s all for today. Let us know what you think about today’s stories in the comments section below. Don’t forget to like us and be sure to subscribe for more stories like this. Get addicted to the good stuff.