Subscribe for a new video ►► SUBSCRIBE!!!
10, When Kaleem of India was born, his hands were twice the size of a normal baby’s hands. He is now 10 years old and his hands measure 13 inches long and weigh more than 28 pounds. His parents knew this made him different at birth and have been desperately trying to find help for him, but to no avail. They only bring home about $20 a month and can ill-afford any specialty treatment for him. Kaleem stopped going to school because other students were scared of him, and he was beaten by bullies. He often requires help to eat and care for himself and he can’t play cricket like the other boys his age. Doctors continue to be baffled by his condition. They believe it is acromegaly, which is a thyroid condition of the growth hormone, linked with lymphangioma, which causes extreme inflammation resulting in doughy masses in certain parts of the body.
9. Doctors in China believe excessive exposure to the sun may have caused a mole on a woman’s head to erupt into what is now a 5-inch horn-like growth protruding from her skull. It resembles a unicorn’s horn and doctors are perplexed by it, and can only describe it as a skin tumor.
Liang Xiuzhen, 88, developed a mole on the top of her head about 9 years ago. She said it itched a lot and then about two years ago, the horn-like material started growing out of her head. It was a small growth and then it broke in early 2015. A new growth took its place and grew much larger. Surgery would be the only option to fully remove it, but the elderly woman is undecided on it.
8. Ron Svenden, of Brewster, Massachusetts, was having a rough time breathing and coughing a lot. Actually it would seem pretty likely for a 75-year-old with emphysema to be dealing with that. But there was something else… Something more that made his struggles to breathe even harsher. X-rays revealed Ron’s left lung had collapsed and a tiny, grainy spot was found, but there was no cancer. Instead, further testing found there was actually a green vegetable sprouting inside his lung – a pea to be exact. It was only about a half-inch, but inside the lung, that’s a pretty big thing. An operation was successful in removing it, and Ron is doing better. And a good sense of humor helps. One of his first hospital meals after the surgery included a side order of peas.
7. Maybe it’s just me, but many women seem to want bigger boobs for their self-esteem, and great numbers of women have had breast augmentation surgery to give them those larger, fuller breasts. But 21-year-old Kya Granito, of England, says she wants her boobs to stop growing. They’re so big, she says, that she was once stuck in the bathtub because of them. Hmmmm… I’m just trying to figure that one out. Anyway, her breasts have been measured at 38 double H, which is quite a bit larger than the UK average of 36D. They weigh between 28 and 40 pounds, and they continually pull her down and cause back pain. She struggles just being in an upright position for more than 10 minutes or so. So, you may ask, why doesn’t she just get a breast reduction surgery? It’s because her doctors feel it’s not affecting her life badly enough. I think Kya would certainly argue with that, and isn’t she the one who should know how it’s affecting her life more than anyone else? Just saying….
6. Richard Moore, 36, of West Yorkshire, also has the rare acromegaly condition as the young boy with the large hands. Only with Richard, it’s in his jaw. It simply will not stop growing. It’s the same problem that actor Richard Kiel had. He’s the guy who played Jaws in the James Bond movie. A tumor on Moore’s pituitary gland started the problem and his jaw has been growing since, causing painful misalignment of his teeth. The tumor was removed during surgery through his nose, but his jaw kept growing. Oral drugs and injections have also failed to curb the growth, and he now faces surgery where his jaw will need to be broken.
5. A 28-year-old Chinese woman, Cao Fang, was having some extreme sharp pain in her face every time she ate. Finally, after enough pain, she went to see a doctor about it. When he examined her, he found something very strange….a tooth was grow right under her right eye, causing the tremendous pain. Doctors surmise the women’s baby tooth did not fall out soon enough and caused the tooth behind it to start growing upwards. If left alone, the tooth would cause permanent damage to the woman’s eye. Recently, doctors were able to remove the tooth during surgery.
4. Last year, Xu Fuhai of China was 7-foot8. The 26-year-old has grown three inches since then. He is now the tallest man in the country. And although he keeps growing, his legs were crippled in a fall during a basketball game when he was 15. A surgery will be performed soon to alleviate the pain in his legs and allow him to stand comfortable once again.
3. Most all of us have that tailbone… and if we sit wrong… ouch! Right? But an 18-year-old man has grown a 7-inch tail, which he had kept secret because of embarrassment. He went to doctors after it had become a painful problem. Doctors said he developed the vestigial tail while he was still in the womb but it should have disappeared naturally over time. However, it kept growing as his spine was forming. This, they said, is very rare. A recent surgery resulted in the successful removal of the tail.
2. Mandy Sellars is 38 years old. Her legs have continued to grow uncontrollably all her life. Her legs alone weigh 240 pounds. In 2002, she suffered a spinal stroke that paralyzed her… and they still kept growing. Her left leg was amputated after an infection and the stump started growing again. Doctors say her condition is the first of its kind in the world. But medical professionals have devised a new medication for Mandy and, she said, her legs are actually starting to shrink slightly. I think we can all hope that this is the first of much good news to follow for Mandy.
1. Ok…. This one’s a little different. We’ve just told you a whole bunch of stories on people with body parts that would not stop growing. Here is one where the body parts didn’t grow at all. Rahma Haruna, of Nigeria, was just six months old when her body below the neck stopped developing. She had a fever and that was it. Her torso, arms, legs, hands, everything but her head, stopped growing. She cannot feed herself and must be carted around in a plastic bucket in a wheelchair. The cause of her condition is unknown.
That’s all for today. Don’t forget to like us and be sure to subscribe. Tell a friend about us and see ya next time.