Subscribe for a new video ►► SUBSCRIBE!!!
Giving birth can be a very traumatic and emotional thing, especially if you’re a young girl still in school. Here are 10 instances where births were handled by young, school-age girls.
1. After complaining of stomach cramps and heading to the bathroom during her senior prom, Melissa Drexler gave birth in a toilet stall. She had kept her pregnancy secret from the baby’s father, her parents and even her closest friends. Melissa was said to have used the serrated edge of a sanitary napkin dispenser to cut the umbilical cord. She did not want the baby, so she put it in a plastic bag and threw it away in a trash can. She then returned to the prom, ate a salad and danced with her boyfriend. A janitor discovered the baby after suspicions rose about blood on the bathroom floor and the weight of the trash bag. Melissa was sentenced to 15 years in prison.
2. A 14-year-old Baytown, Texas girl, suffering severe cramps during school, went to the bathroom and gave birth to a baby boy. She had no idea what was happening because she said she didn’t know she was pregnant. Just don’t understand how a girl cannot know she’s pregnant. The baby died, but an autopsy showed he was alive when born. An attorney representing her said she did not kill the child. Killing a child in Texas is a capital crime, but she is too young for the death penalty.
3. In England, a 14-year-old hid the body of her baby in a drawer for two days after giving birth to it in her bedroom. The girl was preparing to celebrate her 15th birthday when she had the baby. It remained a secret until she asked one of her friends to help her bury it. That friend told her mother about it and her mother informed the girl’s parents. She claimed she did not know she was pregnant and she disputed the baby was alive before she put it in the drawer. The girl was sentenced to a 10-month referral order and to pay prosecution costs.
4. A newborn girl actually managed to survive being flushed down a toilet at the Chinese school her mother was attending. Screams from the abandoned child, who became lodged in the piping, alerted students to seek help and find the baby. The newborn was alive and freed after firefighters cut through the pipe with an apple grinder. A similar incident occurred in China a year earlier when a 22-year-old woman flushed her newborn child down the toilet and others were able to rescue the little boy. Again, the baby somehow managed to survive.
5. On her way back to Houston from a school field trip, a 14-year-old girl delivered a stillborn fetus in an airplane’s bathroom. A cleaning crew found the fetus within 15 minutes after the plane landed and alerted airport authorities. The girl told police she didn’t know she was pregnant. Amazing how often that seems to happen. An autopsy confirmed the fetus was, indeed, stillborn. In another strange incident, 28 Bosnian school girls ages 13 and 14, were taken on a trip to the capital of Sarajevo. A quarter of that group returned home pregnant. What the hell are they doing in Sarajevo?
6. In case you haven’t heard, students can do some strange and goofy things. Really! They do!! In Thorneville, Ohio, as one basketball team played another, you would expect shouts of “Brick” or other waving things to distract the opposing team’s players coming to the free throw line. But some fans went a little further as a player approached the line. A fan covered in a white sheet pretended to go into labor while another fan pulled a “baby” out. No word on whether or not the free throw was made.
7. A 19-year-old girl gave birth to a boy in a bathroom stall at her Lancaster, Pennsylvania school and flushed him down the toilet. Cherlie Lefleur was charged with concealing the death of a child and after a court appearance was held on a $1 million bond. The baby, officials said, was born prematurely at 27 to 29 weeks. However, they added, it could have survived with proper medical care.
8. A young Vietnamese girl will bring tremendous shame to a family there. That’s why girl are taught at a young age that their virginity is very important and that sex should not happen at young ages. Those who DO get pregnant are often thrown out of the family home. Birth control is not even discussed in traditional families there. But a 15-year-old honors student, who kept her pregnancy from her parents and friends, had a baby in a school bathroom stall. She tossed the baby into a toilet and succeeded in drowning it, but not before other students heard the baby’s desperate screams. She was arrested on murder charges.
9. A school janitor discovered a fetus in a school bathroom and officials, through a surveillance tape, were able to track down the mother, a 16-year-old who was allegedly sexually assaulted by a 23-year-old man. The girl told police she was scared and confused and did not realize she was pregnant. She could face charges if it is determined the baby was near full term.
10. Elle Randall, now 16 and with a 2-year-old, said she did not like being looked down upon in her school in England while she was pregnant. But after passing eight rigorous tests over the past two years, she says she is extremely happy that she could prove people wrong about her. She said she was rebellious and always getting into trouble before getting pregnant.
BABY BONUS BABY BONUS BABY BONUS.
A man who jumped into a dumpster in Calgary, Canada, to rescue a discarded baby later found out that the baby was actually his. After the man pulled into his apartment parking space, he noticed that some other passersby were talking about hearing the cries of a baby. Within seconds he was jumping in to check, and he found a baby boy. Police later told him that his own girlfriend was the mother of the child. She had kept her pregnancy secret from everyone.
That’s all for today. If you know of a young girl who is pregnant, please make sure she knows there is help available. Tossing a newborn into the trash or into a toilet is NOT the answer. Be sure to like us and don’t forget to subscribe for more stories like this. Get addicted to the good stuff.