Subscribe for a new video ►► SUBSCRIBE!!!
Kids just do the darnedest things. And the ones on our list here aren’t even in their teens! Just wait till they reach THOSE years. So here, with their crazy teen years looming, are 10 stories of crazy child drivers. Seriously kids… do NOT try this at home… or anywhere else!
10. For 20 miles, a state police trooper in Minnesota slowly followed a suspiciously driven car before it pulled into a driveway and backed out again right into his patrol car. It was only then after the trooper exited his car and looked inside the vehicle that he discovered that the driver wasn’t exactly of driving age. It was an 8-year-old boy. He was in his pajamas. He exited the car and following him were his step sister, who was 5 and in her pajama, and her 3-year-old brother, also in his pajamas. All were soon returned to their parents. But doesn’t it make you miss those pajama parties? What? You didn’t do that? Ok… nevermind.
9. John St. German of Maine was driving along with a friend when all of a sudden a blue bus in front of them started running into the sidewalk and signs. He thought it was a new driver being taught how to drive one of those buses – apparently very badly. Then he caught a glimpse of the driver. It’s a f******g kid, he shouted to his friend. When the bus was slowed by hitting something again, John quickly exited his car and boarded the bus, slowly putting on the brakes and turning it off. The kid, later identified as a 12-year-old, jumped off the bus and ran without saying a word to John. Police later tracked him down and charged him with driving without a license.
8. Now this kid feels the need… the need for speed. Back in January of this year, a 3-year-old boy had enough of driving his little toy tot-mobile in the house, so he hit the road with it – on the heavily traveled U.S. Highway 19 in Crystal River, Florida. Holy crap! Fortunately, by the time officers arrived on the scene, motorists had surrounded him with their vehicles in a blockade to keep the boy, wearing only a shirt and diaper, safe.
7. Ahh, those rascally 3-year-olds. While mom had her back turned, this little guy swiped her keys, ran out the door and fired up her Jeep Wrangler. He then took off in it and ran it smack dab into the neighbor’s house. But this guy’s no little dummy. When officers from the Myrtle Creek, Oregon, police department quickly arrived, he was already on the couch in his living room watching TV… with a halo over his head, like nothing ever happened.
6. Two kids, age 5 and 3 wanted to see grandma so badly that they borrowed mom’s SUV and hit the road. Even though they couldn’t reach the pedals, they somehow managed to steer the vehicle down the street to an intersection. The SUV hit another vehicle and stopped. Fortunately, no one was hurt.
5. Church is a great place to go for our inner spirituality, but when you’re 7, hey, that’s just not gonna cut it. So one Sunday morning, Preston Scarbrough of Utah decided to blow off church and experience a far different kind of spirituality by driving his dad’s car. Police were dispatched when witnesses phoned in that a child was driving recklessly. He reportedly reached speeds of up to 40 mph and ran a stop sign before deputies caught up with him, but they were unsuccessful in getting him to stop. Preston finally drove the car right back into his own driveway and stopped it. He ran into the house and headed down to the basement, yelling to his dad, “The cops are here!” Almost surprisingly, no citations were issued.
4. Earlier this year, an 88-year-old was calmly waiting for others in the family car in Chicago when all of a sudden, a youngster entered the driver’s side and took off, unaware of the elder passenger in the back seat. But it wasn’t long before the little thief discovered the extra person in the car and did the polite thing – stopped the car to let him out before taking off again. The boy was later caught and charged with car theft.
3. Bad girl bad girl… whatcha gonna do…whatcha gonna do when they come for you..a 12-year-old sped off in her grandma’s car in Texas, taking her little 5-year-old sister along for the ride. Police pursuing the girl in July of this year said the car reached speeds of up to 118 mph. Grandma actually thought the children were kidnapped and phoned police. They were tracked down using Onstar. No one was injured in the chase but the girl was hit with multiple charges.
2. Earlier this year, an 11-year-old boy got behind the wheel of a cement truck in Minnesota (ummm… what is up with these Minnesota kids….Eh?) and led police on a high-speed pursuit through several towns. Authorities said the boy reached speeds of up to 70 mph and often would play chicken with police cars on the highways, gravel and county roads and city streets. Police helicopters even joined in the chase, and officers were finally able to stop him. He was taken to the juvenile detention center.
1. A 10-year-old boy who lived near Oslo, Norway, decided to put his 18-month-old sister in the family car while his parents slept and head to grandma’s house. Ya know, grandma must be putting something extra special in those cookies. The boy had managed to drive just a little over 6 miles before the vehicle went off the side of the snowy road. A snowplow driver found them and alerted police. When authorities questioned the boy, he calmly told them he was a dwarf who had simply forgotten his driver’s license. Something tells me this little guy has a great future in politics.
That’s all for today. What are your thoughts on today’s tiny drivers? Let us know in the comments section below. Don’t forget to like us and be sure to subscribe for more stories like this. Rev it up… and get addicted to the good stuff.