Subscribe for a new video ►► SUBSCRIBE!!!

Ya know, there’s creepy, and then there’s disturbingly creepy. Many of the stories on this suicide list would qualify for that. If you think you’ve heard everything, stay tuned. We’re pretty sure you haven’t heard of most of these very bizarre suicides or suicide attempts under some very bizarre circumstances.

10. Graveyards themselves are already creepy. That’s a given, but one groundskeeper at the Pleasant Valley Memorial Park Cemetery in Annandale, Virginia, discovered something a little creepier in mid-December of 1996. While doing whatever it is that groundskeepers do, this one came upon the body of a white female near a section of the cemetery where infants are buried. The woman was described as being between 50 and 70 years old, 5 feet tall and weighing 157 pounds. She had short and curly auburn hair, and, to our knowable knowledge, has yet to be identified. She was found with a plastic bag over her head, tied off with tape around her neck. Investigators revealed she had taken a Valium while consuming a heavy amount of brandy and had a blood alcohol level of 0.14, and had died only hours before being discovered. She had an 8-inch scar on her abdomen, indicating a C-section. Headphones were on her ears and she was listening to a tape player recording of comedians Mel Brooks and Carl Reiner doing their 2000-Year-Old Man routine. A small, decorated Christmas tree was next to her. On her person she had left two $50 bills, each with the same note, saying “Deceased by own hand… prefer no autopsy. Please order cremation with funds provided. Thank you, Jane Doe.

9. A 21-year-old Japanese student named Kiyoko Matsumoto jumped to her death in February of 1933. More specifically, she jumped into the mouth of the active volcano Mount Mihara on the island of Izu Oshima, Japan. Unknowingly, the young girl started a trend among the disheartened Japanese population, as 944 people – 804 men and 140 women – followed her suicidal act in the exact same way over the following year. Concerned officials finally had to erect a fence around the base of the volcano in an effort to prevent more suicides.

8. Some can certainly go to extremes when it comes to taking their own lives. Take, for example, the case of Boyd Taylor. Taylor was a 36-year-old builder in the U.K. who had just given up. But he didn’t give up too quickly. While sharing a home with his 60-year-old father, Boyd used his skills as a builder over the course of three months to fashion a very real and lifesize guillotine. He kept his father out of his room during this time by also erecting a secondary door in his bedroom, saying it was a measure to prevent that area of the home from burglary, something the men had experienced some time earlier. On the night of his suicide, in early January of 2003, Taylor took 12 sleeping pills and lay on his bed, with the 3-foot-wide blade 8 feet above him. Next to the wooden frame of the death device was an electric jigsaw that was plugged into a timer that would switch it on at a specific time and cut through the wood and the wire that was holding the heavy, sharp blade in place. The father found his son’s decapitated body the next morning.

7. A 14-year-old boy, we’ll call him Steve, was stabbed nearly to death in England in 2004 by a 15-year-old boy, we’ll call him Mike. And the method to achieve this was not your everyday-run-of-the-mill suicide attempt. Steve and Mike, both of whose families had been described as being devastated by various circumstances over recent years, met in a chatroom. Over a period of time, they had exchange some 50,000 messages and contrived a “secret female lover,” shared by both of them, who was described as a middle-aged spy. In reality, it was revealed that Steve was actually in love with Mike. Through later messages, the “secret lover” ordered Mike to kill his younger friend. After enough messages to begin controlling the mind of Mike, he finally carried out the wishes of the “secret lover,” and approached Steve. He stabbed him in the chest and the stomach, but the victim managed to survive. The “secret lover’s” orders to kill Steve were actually written… by Steve.

6. Hmmmm… For this one, you might wanna sit down, clear your mind, and have a beer… or six. Ok. Margaret Howe was a research scientist who was paired with a bottlenose dolphin named Peter in 1965 to conduct a 10-week experiment that would try to make the animal actually speak understandable words through its blowhole. The relationship between Margaret and Peter got very close very quickly, and it wasn’t long before Peter began rubbing up against Margaret and getting… well, very excited. The dolphin was just beginning his sexual “coming of age,” and he was definitely hot for teacher. Margaret wrote, “Peter has become sexually aroused several times during the week.” Soon, the two began eating, sleeping, bathing and playing together. Margaret realized through the dolphin’s sexual exploits with her that he was actually falling in love with her, and she worried it was be distracting from the actual porpoise of the experiment – did I just say porpoise? Margaret wrote, “He jams himself again and again against my legs, circles around me, is inclined to nibble and is generally so excited he cannot control his attitude around me.” So, what would any good researcher do to get things back on track? She masturbated right in front of him. Yes, of course. That would do it. Margaret’s reasoning was that by doing this and getting it out of the way, Peter would become more focused and start paying more attention to the lessons. When the experiment was finished, Peter was shipped back to Lilly Labs in Miami. He soon became despondent and depressed, and his health quickly deteriorated. A few weeks later, Peter committed suicide by dying of a broken heart, which, according to scientists, some animals can actually do. By the way, in case you’re interested, the experiment concluded fairly successfully, with Peter being able to speak some of the words and sentences Margaret had taught him.

5. William Kogut, who had been convicted of killing a California woman, was on San Quentin’s death row back in October of 1930, when he decided, “Screw it! I’m not lettin’ you guys take me out.” So, with that mindset, Kogut began putting together a highly unlikely suicidal device. But hey, when you’re in a maximum security prison, you take what you can get. Back in the day, playing cards were manufactured with a highly volatile red ink. He took the cards and tore the red ones into pieces. He then removed a hollow metal leg from his cot. He used a broom handle to plug up one end of the metal tube then jammed the card pieces into the other end and soaked them in water. He then put the strange device on top of the kerosene heater next to his bed and laid down next to it, placing his head against the open end of the pipe. When the heater got the metal hot, it turned the water into steam and built up the pressure within the tube. When enough pressure had built up, the tube exploded, shooting the wet playing card pieces out of the pipe with enough force to penetrate Kogut’s skull and kill him.

4. Separation and eventual divorce can be such a nasty thing, with bad feelings on both sides. 54-year-old Gerald Mellin was no exception. He hated his estranged wife Mirrielle and was out to seek revenge, especially after the British courts had granted her an extra 100 pounds a week in maintenance support, to which he responded to her “Congratulations… (well, I can’t say that word). Even prior to that, Mellin was showing off to Mirrielle and one of his friends the rope he intended to use in killing himself. On the day after the court appearance, Mellin tied the end of that rope to a tree, climbed into his Aston Martin and put the other end of the rope around his neck. He then put the pedal to the metal and drove out into traffic. Horrified witnesses watched as he decapitated himself in the midst of traffic. Now, just before making his suicide run, he canceled his life insurance policy that would have paid out to his wife. He also ran up an extraordinary amount of debt and his wife had to sell her house in order to pay off that debt. So in the end, the very end, Mellin got his revenge.

3. In some cultures, there are some very peculiar rituals. At one time in Japan, a group of monks had one regarding their deaths, and what they would do leading up to them. The priests would go on a diet consisting only of nuts and seeds and go through extremely rigorous physical activities that would disintegrate their body fat. For the next three years after that, they would drink a poisonous tea from the sap of the urushi tree. This would cause vomiting and a rapid loss of bodily fluids. But most importantly, for the monks’ purposes, it would kill off any maggots that would cause the body to decay after death. After that time period was up, the monk would get into an extremely small tomb and get into and stay in the lotus position. He did not have any room to move at all. An air tube was inserted into the enclosed tomb, as well as a small bell, which the monk would ring once a day to indicate he was still alive. When the bell stopped ringing, the air tube was removed and the tomb was completely sealed.

2. Don Barrera was something of the caretaker of a small island just south of Mexico City. Many years ago, while doing his caretaking duties, Barrera came upon a young girl who was drowning. He attempted to save her but could not. A short time later, he spotted a doll floating near the same area where he found the girl. As a show of respect, he hung it from an island tree to support the spirit of the girl. As years went by, Barrera hung more and more dolls from the trees until the island was full of them. He was convinced all the dolls had spirits of their own. After collecting and hanging the dolls from the trees for 50 years, Barrera was found drowned himself in the exact spot where he discovered the young girl five decades earlier. The island was renamed Isla de las Munecas, or The Island of the Dolls.

1. Did you ever have one of those days when absolutely nothing went right? Elvita Adams,surely did. Elvita, a 29-year-old woman, was suffering from severe depression in early December of 1979. She had been in a fight with her landlord and was about to be evicted from her Bronx, New York apartment. She was at wits end and wanted to end it all. So she went to the Empire State Building in Manhattan and went all the way up to the observatory on the 86th floor. She then climbed a 7-foot-tall spike-laden fence and jumped. But it was just not Elvita’s time to go. Just as she jumped, an incredibly strong wind gust hit her body and slammed it back onto the ledge of the building a floor down. A security guard quickly pulled her in before she could make a more successful attempt. She suffered only a fractured hip and was taken to a mental institution to recover, both mentally and physically. Upon our investigations, she was still alive and kicking at least through mid-May of 2011.

That’s all for today. What are your thoughts on these bizarre suicide or near-suicide stories? Let us know in the comments section below. Don’t forget to like us and be sure to subscribe for more stories like this. Get addicted to the good stuff.